Sunday, August 15, 2010

GBBD - August 2010


Happy Garden Blogger Bloom Day, August 2010!

Phlox and white spider
(Please click on the images to enlarge them.)

Elephant Garlic bloom peeking out from a
Smoke bush (Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple')
Growing Garlic in the Pacific Northwest


What's missing here?
That would be the blooms the deer munched.


Lovely lily


A 'river' of Rose campion and daisies

The end of the 'river' where the plants all fall down,
and the weeds grow. (I have a lot of work to do!)


Rose climbing on arbor.
(Oops, think it needs a bit of a trim?)


Pink blooms from Sedum


Poor little bee...


Another bee hanging off Monarda.
It seems I am suddenly finding dead bees.
That makes me sad.


Nicotiana 'Hot Chocolate'
Now that makes me smile.


Seed pod from Stewartia placed on leaves


Gaultheria procumbens
Nice little ground cover


Snapdragons with Hydrangea
So much color, I gotta wear shades!

See more blooms around the world by visiting
Carol at May Dream Gardens.

Happy GBBD everyone!
~Aerie-el


5 comments:

  1. Know deer-munched blossoms are always missed, but being a shade gardener, my first though on seeing the picture was "Oooo - bright green leaves with reddish stems; wonder if it could brighten up a shady spot!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that color combo of fuschia snapdragons with blue hydrangea! Of course, I'm jealous that you have blue hydrangeas anyway; our soil is so alkaline that my blossoms are always pink. So many lovely blooms; the pink phlox is certainly eye-catching. I hope those dead bees are just a fluke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many lovely flowers in your garden right now. The Snapdragon/Hydrangea combination is very pretty ... and the chocolate Nicotiana is very attractive.
    Shame about the missing blooms ... you have the munching deer, I have the munching wallabies ... what can you do?!! Loved that Sedum too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colors! The colors of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aerie-el,
    You have a nice assortment of blooms. I love the daisy, rose campion river. The red stems and chartreuse leaves of the flower the deer ate are very pretty.

    Thanks for visiting my bloom day post. It was nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and visiting blogs of people who leave them! Thanks for visiting!