Tuesday, April 17, 2018

MacMillan Pier


Went to Cape Cod, Massachusetts earlier this month, before the crowds, before Patriots Day,
before most schools' Spring Break. There were some businesses open,
but many were still closed for the season.
It was almost spooky to see MacMillan Pier so deserted,
but also a great opportunity get some nice shots of it. 

MacMillan Pier, Provincetown, Massachusetts, USA
April 2018

Take the time to walk to the end of the pier to read about the women displayed in photographs on the side of a building across the water from the Pier. 
The project is a tribute to the Portuguese community and its fishing heritage.

"They Also Faced The Sea"
Art installation by Ewa Nogiec and Norma Holt

While you're there, don't forget to give the Whydah pirate a hug. 
Even pirates need them!


 Hope to see you back here after I sort through the hundreds of images
I took during my 2-week visit.

Happy Spring!

Kit Aerie-el

4 comments:

  1. Can you believe I lived in Massachusetts for 55+ years and never once made it to P-town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, I don't know that I would have gotten there if I didn't have family living on the Cape. Definitely put P-town on your to-do list of places to see if you get back there. It's got a lot to see and do packed into a small area.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Cape Cod about 40 years ago when in my late teens. I keep meaning to go back and see it again. Nice that you are going before the crowds come.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and visiting blogs of people who leave them! Thanks for visiting!