Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Embothrium coccineum - Chilean Fire Bush

Please click on any of the pictures for closer viewing.)

The weather here in the Puget Sound area of Washington State has been so beautiful that it has been incredibly difficult to stay inside for any reason, for any amount of time.

Today I went with one of the groups I belong to on an informative and relaxing private garden tour. I wish I could share more shots of the variety of plants there, but unfortunately, I only got a couple photos before my camera batteries quit. (I know, I know, I almost always bring extras but today was an exception...for many reasons, which I won't go into here. Needless to say, for the next garden tour, I will have double the extra batteries required!)

The good thing was that the couple shots were of the Embothrium coccineum (Chilean Fire Tree/Bush) that was in full bloom. There are a couple of these wonderful 'shrubs', which are really trees, growing on the property, and they are just gorgeous now. The timing of our visit was so that we could see them in full bloom, and they sure were!

Not only are the plants feeling the heat of summer coming on, but the growth of the critters around and about seems to be exponential. The eaglet is flexing its wings now, the baby juncos are flying about, and the goslings are quickly looking more like their parents.

How sweet is this, with the eaglet peaking over the shoulder of the adult?

Fluffy baby junco waiting its turn at the suet feeder.

Honk! Honk! = Run away! Run away!

But soon, they're be flying...


~Aerie-el

7 comments:

  1. Never heard of Embothrium coccineum, really pretty! Great bird photos, from the smallest to the largest ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Fire Bush-Tree. Extra batteries...LOL we have all done that. Beautiful capture of the Eagles and are Canada Geese everywhere? We have tons around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aerie-el! As always, good shots! The last one is my favorite. I can't wait to go to our town annual garden tour! I think I'll take two cameras...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to be on the lookout for those lovely trees. I don't think that we have any around here.

    Those babies are so cute.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you've had this wonderful weather too! Every time I see that Eagle's nest I am amazed at how huge it is! Very good shots as usual, Aerie-el!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of all the little ones. The Eagle especially - how exciting. We've had this bird hanging out with the robins and resembles them but didn't know what it was and finally read it is a young robin - as big as adults but speckled.
    Bob felt bad yesterday - he bumped his ladder - the one with the robins nest on top of it that he can't use for a while! LOL And all these little wide open mouths popped up. He said he felt terrible since he wasn't mama with goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Birds are singing, the sidewalks are steaming, and people in the city of Seattle are starting to complain about the heat :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and visiting blogs of people who leave them! Thanks for visiting!