Monday, September 5, 2011

EDI TRIP PIX 1

I just returned from a fantastically fun trip to Edinburgh Scotland.
I took about a million images,
so I will whittle them down to a reasonable number to share with you.

Welcome to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

and to St Giles Cathedral

Inside St Giles Cathedral


Fringe street performer
outside St Giles Cathedral

Rapt crowd observing...

The grand finale!


Fringe act drumming up business

After walking the Fringe, 
it was time to catch a 360-degree view of the city from Calton Hill.

 Columns on Calton Hill


Calton Hill from hotel roof

Plenty more to come, including the
 incredible Edinburgh Botanical Gardens.
In the meantime, please enjoy this blend of bagpipes and rock and roll:


Until next time,

~Aerie-el


7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trip. Love the photos and different scenes.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be able to travel there. I would love to see Scotland, plus so many more.LOL!
    The Cathedral is just magnificent! I adore the old structures. The columns are fantastic too.So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a safe, enjoyable trip. These photos look great. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to Scotland, loved seeing your photos. That one of the interior of the cathedral is wonderful. thanks for sharing your trip with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky! I would just love to visit Scotland one day.
    I love the music! I've always loved bagpipes. There is a man in my sister's neighborhood that practices playing them outside or sometimes in the school yard behind our house. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aeire-el,
    It sounds like you had a very nice vacation. I enjoyed your photos and the video.

    Sometimes Larry says he'd like to move to Scotland.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. We get busy and don't always get each other visited.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and visiting blogs of people who leave them! Thanks for visiting!