Monday, March 10, 2014

ORCHID SHOW 2014 at the MoBot, part two


Please continue along with me, via the following images,
on my recent visit to the Orchid Show 
at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.

These blooms were among the tiniest in the show.
And look at the unusual foliage and structure of the plant.
It reminded me of a Chamaecyparis foliage.


A lovely Cattleya Purple Cascade 'fragrant beauty'.
Yes, it was.







This living wall, with the pond and fountain was so peaceful.
It was a perfect place to stop and reflect.


I thought this was a very interesting orchid.
The blooms look to me like child-carriers-wraps,
with a single wild hair/antenna sprouting from the top.
Bulbophyllum comingii.


Paphiopedilum Holdenii


More teeny, tiny flowers.
Dendrochilum curranii


My favorite shot; will you look at their facial expressions!
Paphiopedilum venustum var. album

The Orchid Show continues through March 23.
For more information, please click here.

~Aerie-el


4 comments:

  1. I love how you can sometimes see faces in orchid flowers. You got some lovely shots, I bet it was a great exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely blooms and some very unusual ones also.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend with 400+ orchids, but I've never gotten such beautiful photos. What a show that was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way back when I was a child in New Zealand,I was introduced to orchids by my Grandmother, who gave me my first Cymbidium orchid. It looked similar to Ruby Pendant,in your previous post, and along with others I bought, gave me much pleasure until I left New Zealand to come and live in USA. Cymbidiums were very easy to grow in NZ I had them growing outside in a shade house.
    I now have five indoor orchids, given to me after they had flowered for a friend, so I am attempting to get them to flower again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and visiting blogs of people who leave them! Thanks for visiting!